Quality Creative Drama Resources on the Web
2. Games Kids play Well-organized descriptions of games. Not explicitly drama-based, but a helpful resource for warm-ups, trust-building, etc.
3. Learn NC—The North Carolina Teachers’ Network Quality lesson plans for every subject, grades 1-12, from respected sources like The Kennedy Center and National Geographic. To find lessons that incorporate creative drama techniques, type “drama” (no quotation marks) in the search engine in the upper right corner.
4. AATE, the American Alliance for Theatre and Education The major U.S. professional organization for creative drama practitioners and those in related fields. They also maintain more specialized networks for connecting teachers at elementary, middle school/junior high, and high school levels.
5. www.learnimprov.com Many games for warm-ups, trust-building, etc. Clear instructions for each, plus it’s easy to search.
6. The Creative Dramatics Cookbook Six story-based lessons for elementary level teachers. Multicultural and thoughtful.